Wednesday, November 5, 2008

my surgery


So yesterday I went to have my surgery on my arm/hand.
everything turned out fine, my arm is a little sore, and very bruised but not as bad as I thought it would be.

*Jonah dropped me off at the building @ 11:30

*he then drove over to Shanny's house and dropped off the kiddos

*by the time he got back to the hospital I was already in the back getting "prepped"

*we sat there until 1:30-- the surgery was supposed to have started @ 12:30

*they wheeled me back to the OR-

*the anesthesiologist started the IV drip and it started to sting and hurt my hand really bad.

I asked them if it was supposed to hurt my hand this bad and they just replied by saying "It will only sting for 10 seconds" I then closed my eyes and told them I was about to throw up--- that is all I remember until I opened my eyes when they were wheeling me out of the OR.

*I sat there for about an hour then we were able to leave.



8 comments:

The Shelley Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie Jane said...

Well, well, you will have to keep us posted.

Shannon said...

I am glad it is over with. You did great with the surgery and the recovery seems bearable. I am here to help you if you need me to take the kids and let you sleep or rest your arm!
Love you!

Jen said...

Glad to hear you are okay....I didn't know you were having surgery. Take care of yourself!

The Shelley Family said...

Sorry u had to have surgery! Hope u are doing well! If there is anything u need....please let me know!

ZB said...

So glad to hear this is over. Yuck I hate hospitals. Only when I'm going in and coming out with a baby are they fun...and even then, fun isn't the right word.

Glad you are doing well.

Kelsey P. said...

I have never "gone under" but I can imagine that it is actually very close to what you went through. I am glad that your surgery is done! Now you can hopefully enjoy the holiday season!

The Nevada Neibaur's said...

why did you need surgery on your arm?