Friday, October 19, 2007

It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

this picture is from last year, sledding at Grandpa Bob's ( picture taken by Audrey)

I am soooo glad that it is Friday, I have been waiting for it all week long. I get to play with my Mara and Jonah tonight. I even started Dinner this morning, Crock pot- you gotta love it!! I cleaned the Kitchen last night, so hopefully it will still be clean when I get home tonight from work. ( I hope )


Mara keeps falling asleep before school and she will not wake up to go into class, so she has missed a few days of school. One day she even fell asleep during science. It was very embarrassing to pick her up by having her teacher carry her out still asleep. She sleeps for at least 7 hours in a row, then she normally takes a nap ( even though she hasn't been the last few days) around 9:30 to 11:30. Jonah and I though that this schedule ( afternoon preschool) would be the best for her sleep schedule, it is turning out more difficult than we thought.


Help I do not know what to do. Any suggestions would be very helpful:)


Have a great weekend. Stay warm in this cold weather!!

4 comments:

Annie Jane said...

Hi Beth. Funny that you ask the sleep question, i've been researching it about Melia. You know, sleep has always been a bit of a struggle for her and i am trying to help her out. I emailed you a link from parent center.
love annie

Anonymous said...

I've also been doing some research on the subject, because Brodix has a bit of trouble sleeping and I've just finally got him to sleep thought the night only 1 week before he turned 1. What I found out was that putting a child to bed earlier actually helps them sleep deeper and better. Kids between 1-3 should sleep 10-12 hours a day and go to bed at the same time everyday. It seems to be working out for Brodix.

Anonymous said...

Ok I just re-read your thing about how many hours she sleeps and....7 hours is all she sleeps at night. Thats the problem right there. Paxton sleeps 10 hours at night and hasnt taken naps since he was 2, but he has always been good at going to bed early. Bed at 8pm up at 6am. She needs alot more sleep at night. Earlier bed time is my suggestion. Althought I know its hard getting them to bed early sometimes. Its what she needs and it needs to be the same everynight. She'll get into a good routine and be able to forgo the naps all together. She is 3 now and she should be getting to the point that she doesnt need a nap everyday.
Hope that helps,
Misty

ZB said...

Your little girl is a crack up! I just love all of her faces. did you get to have a fun weekend???