Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Numbing Fingers , Part 2

So I went to the Orthopedic, Monday morning--

this is his explaination......
what is happening is my nerve is in a canal, with a tight covering on it- well that covering is too tight and is causing the nerve to be effected. He said that although it is not effecting my ability to hold things and not painful - he believes that I will need to have the surgery . He told me that I could definately wait and try to do therepy but he was pretty confident that I would be back to have the surgery sooner rather than later.

I decided to just have the surgery done.....

I am scheduled to have the surgery on October 28th--yuck!!!

the surgery will not be bad, he will make a 2 inch incision around my elbow, then remove the covering on the canal- then stitch me up. I have to be put under anesthesia fro the surgery so I have to have someone drive me home- what a pain.

the Doctor told me that I would need to take time off work but I am not going to I will be back to work the next day:) aren't I smart?

4 comments:

Annie Jane said...

Oh, Bethany!

Rengers said...

That does not sound like fun. I hope all goes well with it.

shellie said...

that sucks you have to have surgery. i had a dream last night that i had to have surgery on my back and they were going to break my backbone but they couldn't get me under. so luckily it's just your fingers.

Kelsey P. said...

Very smart! Although it sucks that you will have to have surgery right around Halloween. That is kind of hard. Hopefully it all turns out well!