Last Wednesday I went to my midwife appointment, everything there went smooth and uneventful. Then I went on down stairs to the lab to have my blood drawn for my glucose test.
Thursday it came back that I have failed it. I would now have to go have the 3 hour glucose test, boy was I a little mad!!! ![]()
So Tuesday I had Jonah bring Mara to me here at work at 11:30- Mara and I went to the hospital to sit and wait for hours!!!!!!
we arrived at 12:15
1st blood draw 12:45
drank nasty drink at 12:50
sat for an hour
2nd blood draw 1:50
waited for another hour, though we cheated- we drove over to the store
3rd blood draw 2:50
walked around the hospital
4th and final blood draw 3:50
I think I would have been fine but I was told I had to fast for 12 hours before my first blood draw, I hadn't eaten since 8:00 p.m. the night before. Needless to say I was a bit hungry by the time we left the hospital.
I received a phone call from my midwife's clinic, the test came back fine no gestational diabetes for me:0) yippee!!!!!!!!!
so sugar here I come !!! ( I love sugar and sweets)
Simmons: Wheeler Farm; Utah
9 years ago








1 comments:
YAY!!!! One word for you, Beth...
CANDY!!!
Seriously though I am so glad for you that you don't have to deal with that! Who knows what made it high the first time around? Love you, sis!
Post a Comment