Wednesday, October 29, 2008

calm and being in control



First off, I would like to say how much I love my kids. they are my world!!

I really do try not to get mad or irratated at the things that they do, "occationally" I do loose my cool and act poorly to my darlin child ( Mara)

Last night, I did a very good job of not yelling, saying naughty words or even crying outloud!!


here goes.............




We called Jonah just before we were going to go to bed, we went down intop the kitchen to have a bedtime snack, as Mara was eating her 2 pickles and her drink I decided to empty out the recycling bin.


I went outside and when I came back in ( 1 minute, if that) Mara hurried and put something on the kitchen counter and hid her hands behind her back...


hummmm what has Mara been up too?
well then I noticed what she had done............



she cut her bangs!!!!!!!!!!!!
when I asked her what had she done! she calmly said
"I was just combing my bangs"
" no you were not using a comb but scissors, we do not use scissors, do we?"
"no, :( "
I did not yell at her but I did tell her that she did not look very cute anymore and that she looked funny
how am I going to fix this now?????
I guess she will just be wearing headbands for a while


5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethie said...

no- I have not cut the remaining bangs-- I just can't do it.

when I put the headbands on her then the other hair just blends in to the rest of her hair.

good idea about the hats:)
thanks

Shannon said...

MARA!

Oh my heavens, that girl! Good job staying in control. That was a true test, Beth. As for the hair... do the hair swoop idea with the part coming from the mid-side of her head, wrapping around for her costume crown. That or cut them straight across. I know you don't want to, but I think it is more noticeable with the choppy line. Sorry.

Annie Jane said...

Ahhhhhhh! I can't believe she did that! Well I guess you are officially in that very big club of moms whose kids cut their hair off. Didn't she cut her hair once before?
Audrey and Shannon have good words of encouragement and tips. I second their words.

Jen said...

oh my gosh! I would die if Malia did that to her hair too! I've caught her playing with scissors a few times, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time! I guess that's the nice thing about girls...we've got headbands, hats, bobby pins, etc to hide things like that! Good luck!