Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Little Helper

Mara and I decided this year to give my cookies to my sweet sisters.

So we thought that the best cookies that we could make would be Sugar Cookies and Oatmeal Junkies, from recipes from the greatest cookie maker in the world My Mom!!!!!

Mara helped me get all of the ingredients out then helped me put them all together. she decided that the cookies should be circles and trees, so we made lots and lots of trees and enough circles to go to each person.

She thinks that cooking is great.

After the sugar cookies were cooled and we were waiting for the oatmeal cookies to be done in the oven, we frosted the trees: green ( of course) and the circles: pink.
all of the cookies had to have lots and lots of red and green sprinkles too. ( she did that part)

mara's favorite part of the cookie process was getting to eat the beaters from the frosting. "I dripped some on my hand"
Mara showing me ( and now you) how she could get the entire beater in her mouth.

The oatmeal cookies we took to Aunt Audrey and Uncle Zaky yesterday- I do not think they are as good as my moms but we tried and it was the thought that counts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Zaky says:

Those cookies were delicious. That is from a cookie aficionado; so I would say it is a decent compliment. They are their own unique Beth's Oatmeal Junkies.
Good Job

Zak and Audrey

Annie Jane said...

Well shucks! I haven't received mine yet. Those post office workers are full of crap!