On April 26th, I was able to attend the Park Lane Elementary 30 year year celebration with Audrey and my kiddos. I thought that Mara would think it was cool to see where I went to school when I was her age- she did!!
not the best picture, I know but my phone was the only camera I had
Here is the school song, which I believe Shannon's grade ( I think it was 2nd grade but I can't remember) came up with it.
*****I still remember it!*****
this was the only brown/orange wall carpet that is still up in the school, befor ethe remodel it was on all of the walls throughout the school, and I think yellow too

All of the Elkington girls attended Park Lane, it is by far the GREATEST school Ever!!!
When Heather was about to go to Kindergarten the school was not completed yet, so the kindergarten students were bussed to Midvale Elementary, and the rest of the school students were sent to Granite Elementary.
here is the history.....

To my surprise, Mr. Thacker, the first principle of Park Lane was there, he is still so cute ;-)
Mr. Thacker was not only our principle but also he served in the Utah National Guard with My Grandpa Elwin- we all thought that was so cool.
not the best picture, I know but my phone was the only camera I hadHere is the school song, which I believe Shannon's grade ( I think it was 2nd grade but I can't remember) came up with it.
*****I still remember it!*****The school was remodeled the summer before 6th grade- funny story I will have to share it sometime, Annie I hope you remember what it is :-)
It seemed so weird to be in that school, it all looked so different and yet so very much the same. It felt like I had only been out of that school for a few years not 18 or 19 years ago.
this was the only brown/orange wall carpet that is still up in the school, befor ethe remodel it was on all of the walls throughout the school, and I think yellow too
out in front of the school, next to the drinking fountains- those darn fountains were NEVER on during recess, and there was always nasty garbage and dirt in them :-(
well if anyone else that attended Park Lane has some good memories of this place, I want to hear your story :) and also if you remembered the school song (and if you sang it out loud as you looked at this post )








2 comments:
Wow! That totally brings back so many memories! And yes, I did start to sing the song as I read it. :) How fun that you were able to go and take your kids. It really is the greatest school.
I totally sang the song out loud! I love Park Lane, how fun you went back!
Post a Comment