Thursday, June 4, 2009

projects

so I have been working on projects around the house/yard lately.


#1

the first project I started on was painting the fence- this has been on going for 3 weeks. I am almost done. ( give me a break I can't paint when it has been raining)

before.....

after......


It looks like melted milk chocolate wet and a warm dark dark bark when it is dry.

I love the color- thanks Audrey and Zak


#2


the second project I started ( while I was still doing the fence) was I decided to paint my room, it had rained that day so I couldn't paint outside so I decided to paint inside:)

ta da!!!



I also changed out the curtains, now we have not one but two blackout shades hanging in our room ( Jonah works nights and sleeps during the day, well when the kiddos are either taking a nap, at school-Mara, or when it is the weekend and I have them) it is VERY VERY VERY dark!!!



#3

flowers.....

I decided that I really needed to add some color and some needed love to the back yard.

here is my planter under my kitchen window, I planted little green plants in, they are going to get HUGE!



Ria and Cuda decided that they wanted to knock the pot over again and again and again- I finally lost planted a different plant in it, a lily of the Nile, and it has seemed to keep them away.
(it will have really pretty Purple snowball flowers on it)


I am in the process of weeding and fixing the flower bed around the RV pad- it is a joke right now- so stay tuned:)



I didn't do much to the front of the house just planted a hanging basket,
(sorry it was 11:00 at night so the flowers have gone to sleep)


weeded the flower beds,


added more top soil and wood chips to the area around the tree in the front



( oops I forgot the picture)


#4

I decided that I needed to build a "mini fence" to block Ria from running up to the corner of the fence and behind the shed, so this is on the north side....



this picture you really can't tell unless you enlarge the picture to see the 2 fence pickets on the left of the shed)


this is the gate I made on the south side...
okay so you really can't tell where the gate is, but if you look really close you can see the lock( again these pictures were taken @ 11:00 at night)our lovely shed, it is ugly but I am trying to "beautify" it


#5

I have been sewing a ton of things: pillows, baby things, mending princess dresses, making a princess dress ( the purple table cloth), blankets, puppy pants:), and a few other things


( pictures to come in the next post)

Okay so it doesn't really look like i have been busy, but I have !!! doing projects with two little kids stinks( well Jackson likes to get into everything, including the paint)

6 comments:

dan and audrey said...

WOW! not busy? what? to me you have been extremely busy. taking care of kids and regular housework is enough to keep most people busy but to add all that yard work, good for you... I must just be really lazy!

Shannon said...

Beth, I would definitely take the title of 'BUSY' with those projects under your belt... and all of them in just a couple of weeks, NOT TO MENTION THAT YOU WORK FULL TIME AND HAVE TWO KIDS!!!

Your fence looks GREAT, I too love the color. Your bedroom paint is nice and warm. Your little gates look great too. And I love that you planted some baskets and pots, it adds some interest to the spaces. Good work Wonder Woman!

Annie Jane said...

WOW, Beth, WOW. You are superwoman, just like Mom was. that i all I can say. You did a really nice job. I like that you had time for the little things too, like the window planter.
And once again, I LOVE you news!!!

ZB said...

Busy I guess! good for you. And you have some great stuff to show for it. You are a super mom. We love the tutu and the apron. LOVE! Thanks so much for thinking of us.

Amie said...

Way to go Beth! I love doing projects and seeing the finished product. You have taken on quite the list of things. Have you dropped over dead w/ exhaustion?

The Shelley Family said...

WOW..you have been BUSY! Way to go Beth!
I didnt know you were so handy :)
I actually teared up reading all the things you did! My tears werent green though..so i dont think they were from being so darn jealous...lol!
So here is a GREAT BIG {{PAT}} on the back! :)
Hurray for you and your completed projects!