Friday, June 19, 2009

Princess Festival!!!!

Okay We are totally doing this again next year!!!

Mara absolutely LOVED it, she was able to see princesses, evil step sisters, a mean witch ( well it was Meleficent from Sleeping Beauty), princes, peter pan, a mermaid, a castle, etc.
Saturday June 13th......

the excitement started the night before the festival, we put foam curlers in Mara's hair, (she loves it she thinks she is really cute with the curlers in her hair) as she went to bed she said "Mom, do you think that the Princess's will think I look cute in my dress?" I told her that she would be the most beautiful Princess there, I was right! ( I am a little biased though)

the next morning Mara rushed through breakfast trying to make the day go faster, so we could go to the Princess Festival, after I pulled the curlers from her hair we ran to the grocery store , the WHOLE time we were there she kept saying "mom , we are going to miss the festival" we hurried home, put the groceries away and finished off her hair.

we grove to Shannon and Jeff's house to drop little Jackson off, so Mara and me could have a Mom and Mara day.
WE headed down to Lindon and got lost- really really lost! I finally called Shannon to mapquest it and help me get there. we ended up getting there 20 minutes late, but oh well.

when we got there we hurried and caught up with our group, as we were standing listening to the the prince talk to Rapunzel, we heard " Mara, Mara is here!" two little girls from her school class were there. Lexi and Ginny came running and hugged Mara- Mara was so excited that her friends were there too.
Ginny, Mara, and LexiRapunzel was rescued


After Rapunzel had been rescued the Princess's found poor Cinderella cleaning the floor
the two Mean Step Sisters followed the scene, yelling at poor Cinderella, the Princesses were not happy they yelled a the sisters to be nice. I was trying to not laugh to hard.

After the girls were invited to attend the Ball we left the castle and hurried over to the Sleeping Aurora, to wake her up.
After the Princess's woke Sleeping Beauty up we went upstairs to the Grand Ballroom, where we were able to see all of the princess's and their princes. the girls were even able to take pictures with them. Mara's day could not have been better.

our tour guide

Sleeping Beauty, Aurora

the Princess's dancing with their princes

Alice and the Mad Hatter!

the Mean Step Sisters:(

Beauty and the Beast( he is the prince now)
...... as we were taking pictures of our princess's and the "real" princess's, we all looked over to the window and saw what looked like a hurricane going on outside, the trees ( mature trees at that) were whipping back and forth, the tents were blowing in the wind so much that the ladies outside at the booths were trying to keep them from blowing away, and the rain, the rain was coming down sideways, it was a sight, that is for sure.
well we couldn't leave yet so we just walked around the "ballroom" and the showroom downstairs, it was quite impressive. the showroom

crazy, huh?
the floor
the ceiling

Okay, so anyone that has a little girl that will be four next year, really, really should go. Mara has been talking about it since!!


to think the owners actually live here year around!! what a fun adventure land for their grand kids.
there house- they built on the "Ballroom" AKA the Grand Family Room

here are some of the building and sculptures that I was able to get a picture of.....

Peter Pan and Cap't Hook


When we went to pick Jackson up at Shannon's house, She took some really good pictures of Mara....


7 comments:

Lisa said...

I love those first two pictures. What a pretty girl!

Kelsey P. said...

The pictures of Mara are ABSOLUTELY DARLING! Did you do her hair? It is so cute! I think this would be something fun for you to do next year too!

dan and audrey said...

so fun! I can't wait till Annie is old enough! she has a few more years but that looks like the perfect thing for little girls!

Shannon said...

I love that you took her to the Princess Festival. She looked so beautiful too. I loved the dress, you didn't mention that you MADE it. So! Everyone... Beth made the dress from fabric that was purchased by our mom. It was beautiful. Look at the second to last picture for a good full-length view.

What a wonderful event! I'll glad I was able to talk you into leaving Jackson with us so that you and Mara could have some special time together.

Cute post, Bethie!

The Shelley Family said...

How FUN! She is so beautiful! I love her pretty princess dress and her sparkly crown! How neat that u were able to have a fun mom-daughter day at the Princess Festival :)
U did a great job making her dress..your momma would be proud!

Jen said...

It looked amazing, and Mara was the belle of the ball! She is beautiful! I am counting down the days til next year when Gracie will be old enough to attend.

Jen said...

So cute! I love her little tiara...I wish I would have done that for my Malia! I didn't know it was the owner's actual house! It was pretty cool! Whoever puts on the princess festival does a great job! We will definitely go next year too...we should make sure we are going the same day so we can meet up!