So yesterday-
I was driving in a subdivision almost home ( 1 minute away) Mara and I were singing and dancing listening to Radio Disney( which we do way to often)
well as I was dancing and singing away I noticed that there was two cops parked on the side of the road, I looked down at my speedometer out of habit, it said I was going 31 mph which really means 28 mph (cars are set to show you going 2-3 mph faster than you really are going)
I knew I wasn't really speeding because I NEVER speed in neighborhoods, too many kids and animals are out well as I passed them, I was still in my dancing mode. I heard a little "roop" from the cop's car and then he pulled out and flipped on his lights... are you kidding me, I am getting pulled over!!
He walked up to my car and asked for License, registration, insurance- ya know the lovely drill...
well as I was getting my stuff out I said" I didn't think I was speeding" he said " well you were going 31 in a residential zone, I usually do not pull people over for 6 over the speed limit but as you passed me you were being a smart mouth" yes me dancing was me being a smart mouth... hehe
well I told him that I was dancing with my daughter. he walked back to his car and started pulling up my info... lovely!
he walked back up to me and told me that because of my good driving record that he was just going to give me a warning. oh THANK YOU!!!
well he then proceeded in telling me that a couple weeks ago two guys killed themselves by driving 102 mph on this road and crashed into a cement wall.
he then told me to slow down especially when I have my little kiddos in the car...
lesson for the day do not dance and sing in the car, a cop may think you are smarting off at them:) and I guess do not speed!!!
*** the thing is that a couple weeks ago I remember hearing something really load outside @ 12:30 or so, so I went outside and sat out there until I saw a helicopter take off, I had called Jonah to ask him about it, and we decided that it could have been life flight- and sure enough it was--- we live out by airport 2 so helicopters and airplanes flying over head are not that uncommon, we have Nat'l guard doing their night training all of the time****
Simmons: Wheeler Farm; Utah
9 years ago








6 comments:
Lucky you. Now I hope you'll learn your lesson and stop being such a smart mouth, little miss. I think that cop had a chip on his shoulder, I'm just glad he shrugged it off for you!
beth I just got a ticket a couple weeks ago, I was`speeding though. be careful though by showing to much info, your full name and birthdate or showing!
Sounds like that cop missed the morning donuts!!! Glad u just got a warning...didn't know u could get pulled over for being a "smart mouth" geesh!
Dance like no one is watching...especially a cranky cop!
see I thought I was doing good by taking off the most important ones.. social, dl #, address, WEIGHT- haha
if someone wants to steal my identity have at it!! ( I have NO credit what so ever so they wouldn't be able to buy diddly squat!!
Very cute new changes, Beth!
Beth, you've been saying that speedometer "inside" info for years! We figure if it looks like 31, and the police say 31, then it is 31. You crack us up. You know, Zak's last ticket several years ago was for going 6 miles over in a 25 zone, only it was at 5:30 AM and nobody was around (besides the cop). So we say you were pretty lucky. Good!
Post a Comment